Do you operate a warehouse in Melbourne and looking for ways to improve your efficiency and storage output? How about considering if systems could be implement to improve pick and pack as well as warehouse output? Well then you’re in the right place.
Absolute Storage has been involved in Warehouse Storage systems for over 25 years. We have supplied, installed and maintained hundreds of storage deployments across the state. From Pallet Racking, to raised storage floors to Warehouse Automation with the SSI Schaefer. Offering your business the opportunity with partial automation of the warehouse offers mid-sized companies, in particular, the means of keeping up with the incredible pace of many competitors in a globalized world.
We have found that automation can reduce operating costs and increase productivity.
What is an Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS)?
Automated storage and retrieval systems, sometimes known as ASRS or AS/RS, are made of a variation of computer-controlled systems that automatically place and retrieve loads from set storage locations in a facility with precision, accuracy and speed.
How is ASRS used In warehouse operations today?
Automated storage and retrieval systems are used in a variety of areas to support processing and picking throughout a facility:
- Order picking: Retrieving and presenting required inventory to pickers
- Storage: Providing dense long-term buffering for small or large items that are slow- to medium-movers
- Kitting: Providing an area to group component parts for assembly
- Consolidation: Providing a dynamic area to hold parts and items until all pieces of an order can be merged ready for shipment. Often used for consumer, B2B and store orders.
- Assembly: Storing work piece components for later production
- Production: Storing tooling and component parts for manufacturing processes
- Replenishment: Storing excess inventory for restocking of ancillary picking systems
- Security: Providing an enclosed storage environment with software access controls
- Retail: Providing a large quantity of parts and items at a customer service desk. Keeps workers in front of customers instead of walking and searching in back rooms.
Talk to Absolute Storage Today about automation and your business.
The best way to contact us is to either call our head office on 03 9799 2291 or submit an online enquiry here. One of our trained specialists will contact you shortly to assist.